Days 2017

Days 2017

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Good Clean Fun

I was looking through the photos on my camera from over the last couple of months and noticed that I've missed a few that I intended to post here.  Enjoy.  The first is mostly a soundtrack, out of necessity, because Giggles in the Tub is Good Clean Fun.

Ho Ho Ho.  From Mark's work's open house.

Leslie had a lot of fun at the "Black and White Banquet".  It was an etiquette dinner but I hear that they did a lot of laughing, also.
Luke didn't go to many of the boys' basketball games because we would either be there for two hours or we would be hustling between gyms every quarter trying to catch both Cooper and Boston's game at the same time.  Luke wanted to join them.

This picture makes me laugh because Grandpa does not look amused. 

Filling his Dad's shoes.

Lucky Fives

Someday soon I'll be looking at Mt. Timpanogos at a different angle out my dining room window.  Around June 1st.  Since Mark works on Orem Center Street it will be about the same commute time but in the opposite direction.

Mark has been taking the kids on Daddy dates.  Cooper wanted to shoot hoops at this fun park.

Mark made a birthday wish.  I think for a new house.  Things are moving swiftly at work right now, and when he told his boss that he has three closings scheduled for tomorrow his boss said, "Mark, I think the Lord wants you in that new house."  (We love Mark's boss.)

Luke had some surgery, and thankfully, it was NOT the heart surgery we expected around age 2-4 at one point.  It was a mere tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy.  He was required have the surgery at Primary's (because they wanted a heart anesthesiologist) and he was also required to spend the night because he was only 2.  He did not end up needing tubes in his ears.  This picture is of the "magic nurse".  Man she was good.  Luke was pretty distressed by the oxygen sat light (you can see him keeping an eye on it here) so we had to move it to his foot.  Then he still didn't like it or the hospital socks we put over it.  Anyway, the magic nurse was awesome.  She had her routine down pat.  Whipped on the blood pressure cuff, pulled out a bottle of bubbles from somewhere, measured his head, took his temperature, and a few other things all in a few magically orchestrated moments.  Mark and I sat there with our mouths open.
My biggest concern was that I would get him home and he wouldn't drink anything and get dehydrated.  There were a couple of tough mornings where he wouldn't touch anything until around lunch, but all in all it was better than expected.  He did really well in the hospital.  Mostly when he woke up he was super mad at all the wires and monitors that were hooked to him (he had four things on his chest but was mostly screaming about the IV and the light on his foot still) but as long as everything was covered up so he couldn't see it he took another long nap and then woke up happy to polish off his ice cream--in a semi-reclined position because the elevation changing button on the bed also freaked him out.  He surprised me by eating a huge dinner after his ice cream.  Room service--scrambled eggs, mandarin oranges, a banana and more ice cream.
Living it up.  I sent this picture to the kids at home to let them know how he was doing.
Add caption
He has also been a big helper boy lately.  Here is is showing me that he and Daddy went to the grocery store and he helped carry in the bags.
He also did not want his hair cut until we told him he could help sweep off the hair.  Worked like a charm.
We had a nice visit from Grandpa and Grandma Heagy, and Luke was full of hugs and kisses--for Grandma only.
The kids had a day off school so I took them to the park above where we like to go sledding.  This is Luke's first time in a big kid swing.  He loved it.
I love this picture.  All five of mine playing on the swings.
There was a beautiful view of the lake--the playground is at the top of an amphitheater.
The kids had a great time rolling down the steep hill (the same one they sledded down earlier.)  It is steeper than it looks here.

Macy had a big birthday party.  I feel strongly that Moms should not be pressured to do what other moms do--this is your journey with your child--God picked YOU to be their mother for a reason.  So, there were not fancy coordinated decorations.  The cupcakes were pretty boring (I did do the purple frosting that Macy wanted), there was no theme.  Instead, I spent about an hour while she was at school writing up clever treasure hunt clues.  That's way more me--and Macy--and she later said that was her very favorite part.  (And Cooper has already requested a treasure hunt for his birthday.) This picture is of the girls puzzling over their first clue. 

"I see Paris, I see France, Spin me 'round and Watch me dance!" was the clue for the globe.  Macy figured it out without any help.
They also did a simple craft (left over from her party two years ago, ha!) and played lots and lots of games.  Musical chairs, jump over the river, Pig, limbo, duck duck goose, etc.

Lastly, for your viewing enjoyment...Luke has learned to play the air guitar.  He and Boston were jamming for about half an hour while I cooked lunch the other day listening to an Aerosmith station on Pandora.  I wish I had gotten the video while he was still making his teeth-gritting face and not smiling.  Or when he fell to his knees to do it.  Hilarious.

No comments: