Wednesday, March 26, 2008
We left on Wednesday to head up to Montana for Easter weekend. I was a little panicky when we hit Idaho Falls and I realized that I had left all of Cooper's super-whammy cleft palate bottles at home, but we bought a pack of cheap bottles at a Safeway in Dillon at 11:30 at night and clipped off the ends with a nail clipper. He was pretty mad that night but was eating fine by morning.
We had a great time on the farm. Leslie was a wildwoman with the four wheelers and Boston was completely enamored with the cats and feeding the cows. We went down by the barn the first day we were there and my Dad let Boss feed a calf some oats. After they were poured into the correct trough, Boston waved at the calf and said, "Come on calfie, come eat yo' breffast!" (It was almost dinner.) Mom did a fun egg hunt for the kids on Saturday and on Sunday Mark and I sang in church. This was a last minute request to me. We were planning on Mark singing and I was to accompany, but my Dad found out the plan and not-so-politely requested that I needed to sing to because he hadn't heard me sing in years. So we did and it was fine. I didn't even cry. Here are some fun pictures.
1. Boston on the 4 Wheeler.
2. My Dad showing the kids a bear paw (and there was a head hanging from the rafters) .
3.Leslie plugging her nose at the branding smoke at my Grandpa Happy Jack's place. She thought it was a fun day, though.
4. Jake branding and Duke and Mark pushing calves. Mark had a great time but was a little bruised up.
5. Leslie riding a calf in the shute.
Monday, March 17, 2008
This kind of a fun tag from Mark's friend Libby.
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Pal Oddysey
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Coconut Dream Lotsa
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name)
"J" Day or even cooler, "J" Hay
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Pink giraffe
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) - Nada (as in no middle) Choteau
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) Dayja
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) "The red water"
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Jack Ebert
9. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy) Cool Water Symphony
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) Suzanne Scott
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Tacke Toledo
12. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Autumn Tulip
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)
14. HIPPIE NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) Waffle Birch
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”) "The Reading Shine tour"
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Finally dragged myself to hook up the camera to the computer so I could download some pictures. One night Cooper was playing in my tupperware drawer with both cupboard doors open. Boston pulled the overhead drawer all the way out and said, "Look Mom, a cave!" So I opened the adjoining cupboards and drawer so Boston could have his own cave. The camera came out. Then, being the ham that he is, Boston grabbed one of the bowls, put it on his head, and started wandering around the room. He went up to Mark, booed, and said, "I a ghost!"
Sorry that most of the pictures on this blog have been of Boston. He's just at that age I guess.
This third picture is about Boston mischief, so that still qualifies. A couple weeks ago he tried to get himself some crackers while I was feeding Cooper. Yes, he dragged the bar stool over to the counter and tried to saw the package open with about every sharp thing we own. Typical. When I chewed him out, he bats his eyes at me and says, "I not get cut..." I guess I just wasn't prepared for Mr. Independent. Leslie still wants me to open her candy packages or whatever for her and she's seven.