Finally catching up on a few things now that school has begun--my favorite time of year. I've noticed that my blogging posts seem to contain full sports seasons--that's how I keep track of when I need to post. Well, Luke has started flag football, so here comes the baseball & sizzlin summer post. Sizzlin baseball, actually. Some of those end of season tourney games were pretty brutal in the 100 degree July. And I think my brain is too sizzled to try to put these pictures back into the right order, haha.
Macy had a great girls camp up at Heber. Her favorite part was the challenge course. Their theme was "A Heart Like His".End of summer family pic at Aunt Dawnell & Uncle Gary's house on the way to Portland.
The boy loft at Aunt Dawnell's.
We attended our first Spanish Fork fireworks show. It was super fun. I sang along to all the loud music.
Luke played his first year of regular little league (not coach pitch). He was one of the main pitchers, to our delight, even though he was in the younger grade. Mark really struggled with keeping his mouth shut and wished he would have coached Luke as well as the older boys. Next year, baby! Luke was super fun to watch with his speedy, fearless pitches. He terrorized a lot of kids, I think, because it seems like he either beaned them or struck them out.
The other funny thing about Luke playing baseball was that his big brother Cooper was one of the Umps, for just a few of his games. I tried really hard not to cheer for the ump so no one would know they were related. Cooper did a great job. Mark said that his calls were very clear and his strike zone was nice and big for these little guys so that the games didn't last all night.
First day of school! Rosie will start preschool in another week. I've had kids at home continually for the last 21 years, minus one month before Rosie was born. So, next week is a big milestone for me. The projects await!!
We took a very long drive and finally went back to Oregon to visit my sister Darcy's family. (No, I was not referring to the sea lions above, haha.)
Grizzly Adams and Perry Adams. (Mark doesn't like to shave on vacay.)
Rosie was a big chicken about Darcy's big doggies, but she liked the bunny.
Crabbing off the Newport dock. I thought these grooves from the ropes were cool.
I can tell we are related. This is me pretending to be a tough fisherwoman like my tomboy sis.
I mean, for real. How gorgeous is this? The water was super clear and deep, and check out the waterfall. (They have two waterfalls.) The boys had a great time catching lots and lots of little frogs, and crawdads.
I finally finished a quilt for Darcy, made from some of my Dad's old shirts. She cried. I cried.
The lures are made from some threads off my grandma LaVonne's old wooden spool collection.
Macy was gifted some sweet zipline tickets for Provo Canyon Adventures. Super gorgeous venue. I hung out on my picnic blanket and watched the fun. What lucky girls!
Macy might have been a little frustrated with her hair.
The poor fellow below lost a load of waterbottles in the middle of the street, right when we had a van full of teenagers ready to rescue them all. This will be a funny memory of stopping traffic.
We went on a great weekend trip to Red Fleet Reservoir in Vernal, aka Little Lake Powell. It was gorgeous, warm, and tons of fun. Cliff jumping off a dinosaur tracked cliff is pretty hard to beat. Mark jumped from way higher up than I would have approved of, had I been on that side of the lake at the time. Definitely want to come back next year--I'm already missing it.
Rosie loves this picture of Grandma and Grandpa Heagy we got for Christmas, before Grandpa passed away in February. She keeps it in her drawer. Here she is singing Happy Birthday to Grandma.
Boston got his wisdom teeth out. The laughing gas combined with the anesthesia really did a number on him. He was super silly and sweet. As he was coming to, he told Mark he wanted to call his friends. Mark said, "Ok, who should we call first." His answer was "Mom, uh, and Mom again." (Plus I was standing right there. Also he said, "Mom, you look nice today." Just wanted to write that down.) He also fessed up that "sometimes I go to Walmart and buy the candy that Mom doesn't like." His favorite kind of soups that he could think of were, 1. Tabasco Soup (?) 2. Tomato Soup. We did allow him to call a few friends, and after he told one of the girls he loved her, we decided to have him call his brother-in-law instead. I think we will be enjoying all the footage for years.
Rosie really wanted to come to the rodeo again this year. Not sure what this face is about, but hopefully her teeth won't grow in like this.
I came home from running errands one day to find this halved watermelon laying next to a mysterious machete on my counter. What the heck! Boston fessed up. He said he bought it at Walmart (!) and took it to his backpacking trip. Sorry leaders! Mom fail.
Fiesta Days was so hot out, but it was really fun to be at the concert and fireworks show. We live in a fun place.
I had each of the bigger kids take a week's worth of cooking dinner. They had to plan the meals, etc. We didn't quite get through everyone because of jobs, activities, etc., but almost. This was Macy's creation--she and Mark did a French night with some fancy cheesy bacony au gratin, also a quiche, copying some of the food they had in Paris.
Fourth of July at the Reservoir. Rosie loved getting to play in the sand. Fun even with the crowds.
Date night with the Elmonts. Both of us were mothers-of-the-bride this year. This is a "We Did It!"
Rosie wanted to bake a little strawberry pie when I did my strawberry rhubarb, in the little pan that Grandma got for her. She didn't want to eat it, though.
Hike at Cascade Springs with the Childers's. This was an eventful night because our van got a bad flat way high up on the Alpine Loop. We were able to safely pull into a parking lot, Cole helped find the spare on the van and to change it out--but the spare was also flat. Luckily a good samaritan gave Mark a ride down the mountain to get it repaired, and back up to fetch us before it got too dark. (But not before we were sheltering under the back hatch of the van, which was up on a jack, during a hailstorm, haha.)
Macy and her friend Libby decided to host a summer kids' camp. They did a great job! This was my favorite day--water day in our backyard. The girls were so cute letting all the kids get in a waterfight with them. I got to help with the giant bubbles. Love this picture of our friend Corbin.
Mark saw this picture on the first day of school, and he said it looked like Rosie is saying, "I'm still freeeeee!"
Rosie talks about Hawaii constantly, and loves the ocean, so she was happy to try out the waters in Oregon.
This is part of a brief bedtime discussion about David and Goliath. It did not end well for Goliath.
Speaking of height, our boys are neck and neck right now. We've been measuring them every week with a level. Boston still gets the bubble
The boys got to go to FSY camp (For the Strength of Youth) at BYU. Here they are with Elder Brad Wilcox.
Luke definitely is a dog-owner-wannabe. Not happening. Poop. Barking. Hair. Nope. Dune and Maus were very sweet, though.
Macy had a great track season and is excited to do Junior High track this year. It was fun to compare her stats to last year.
Cooper had kind of a funny birthday. He was invited, with some other athletes, to be one of the "Manly Mustangs" for a dance number at the Junior High's dance review. He had to go early mornings to practice and everything. He was nominated to be the tossee since he is such a lightweight, so this is what we went and watched the evening of his birthday--it was like a personalized celebration. They did great! He also went golfing later that week. It was a very, very golfy summer. He was going to try out for the golf team but backed out last minute. Should've, dude! Maybe next year.
Rosie was in an argument with Luke recently and concluded with, "Well, my cousin is a scientist." Yup! That's our Benson!
Memorial Day camping trip with the Day cousins. I was very strategic and got a campsite close enough so I could drive home and sleep in my own bed, haha, while Mark and the kids stayed in the tent. As the yummiest family member, I thought it was my duty not to attract bears.
These three teens worked hard and checked their grades often and pulled off 4.0s.
We volunteered at the local food bank for a women's organization activity. The teens were good sports about coming along to help as well.





















































































































.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



































No comments:
Post a Comment