Days 2015

Days 2015

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Jealous cake

Macy turned three but she still gets a little bit annoyed if I call her a big girl.  (She likes being the baby.)  I asked her what would happen when the new baby came, and she conceded that she will just be the baby until the new one comes, then it can be the baby.

She had three days of birthday.  Grandpa and Grandma Day came over the day before and had dinner with us.  (Macy was a little nervous that night because she wondered why we had forgotten the cake.  I told her it wasn't quite her birthday yet.)  On her actual birthday we went swimming and Mark decided kind of last minute that he wanted to take the family to Chuck-a-Rama for dinner.  That was really fun except Macy drank too much pop and felt kind of sick for a while.  We put the kids to bed as soon as we got home; they were exhausted and it was daylight savings anyway.  After everyone was snug in their beds, I remembered to check on the poor forgotten birthday cake.  I had baked it, taken the layers out of the pan, and then popped them under a dome so they wouldn't dry out while we were swimming since I hadn't had time to make Macy's purple frosting, as requested.  Well, apparently the cake got jealous of all that dessert at Chuck-a-Rama and decided to jump off a building or something while we were gone, because this is what it looked like.

Jealous Cake.  It looked slightly better after I removed the broken layer and frosted it purple.  
Macy said all she wanted for her birthday was a hippopotamus and a puppy.  I told her this can be her big-sister puppet.

She felt like princess for a day.  This dress is getting WAY too small.


I think Boston was more excited about her birthday than she was.  He kept grabbing the presents out of the sack "for her".
Well, I've got more pictures I wanted to show off, but for some reason it's not uploading right today, so I might post them later.  Enough hassle for one day.

2 comments:

The Haynes Herd said...

She sure is getting big and I think the purple cake looks swell.

Sheldon said...

Sorry this is not blog related but it was the only way I could think of besides messaging Mark on Facebook to ask for your address. Will you also send me Dwight's address please? Will you please have Mark write me back on Facebook or call me. I think he still has my number, it hasn't changed in 8 years. Thank you very much.