Days 2015

Days 2015

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Beep Beep

Our family adores the public library and all the "free" stuff.  We just checked out a CD of "car" songs, inspired by Disney-Pixar's cars.  (For example, it includes "The Little Old Lady from Pasadena").  My kids were laughing their heads off at the song "Beep, Beep".  You know the one I mean, it's where the Cadillac is driving very slowly and the mini keeps trying to pass him, and the song gets faster and faster and faster, "the horn went beep, beep, beep."  I reached for my camera a little after most of the hilarity had worn itself out, but there is still some cute giggling from Macy on here.  She was the funniest because, even though she is a girl, she knows that potty talk makes her brothers laugh, so it must be funny.  There is a line in the chorus, "he kept on tooting his horn" that just killed her.  "Tooting?  Hahahahha."  She calls it the tooting song.  Who says you need TV to have fun?  My kids are slightly cooler than my brother Jake and I, who used to chase each other in circles around the living room to classical music, "In the Hall of the Mountain King". by Edvard Grieg.  (Well, maybe it wasn't THAT lame.  They do use that song on a Little Einsteins episode.)
video

My kids have been "off-track" for a week now, three weeks to go.  (For all of you non-Utahns, that means they are on vacation from year-round school, designed to accommodate 25% more students.)  Leslie was very bored her first day, and we've had a few discussions about why it's not okay to just lay in bed all day reading a book.  I've tried to be creative with some to-do items for her, but it turns out she and Boston thought of a few things for themselves.  Here is them performing the puppet show they wrote, with the stage and puppets they created.


As for the rest of my kids, they are pretty much never bored.  Macy refers to herself in this picture as "Amerigirl".

No comments: