Days 2015

Days 2015

Monday, October 24, 2011

Be glad for the coin

I think sometimes in life we worry so much about if we are going to get heads or tails that we forget to be happy that God gave us the coin.  We trust The Plan, and life is good.
Life was particularly funny for us yesterday.  Cooper was on a roll.
First of all, he was cute with his mistaken words that we don't correct because we think they are cute.  He came into the house to tell me about his owie.  "Mom, I got another skrake.  Can I have a band-aid?"  Skrake is some sort of cross between scrape and rake.  After I sprayed his "skrake" with Lanacane, he and Boss were looking out the window at the sunset on the mountains.  They were glowing bright pink, and Cooper got a little concerned.  "Mom, did those volcano mountains already rump?"  I had to reassure him that I didn't even think those were volcano mountains, let alone the erumpting kind.
Good buddies and the best of friends.
But the sweetest morsel came when Mark was putting the boys to bed.  What a couple of charmers, aren't they?  Cooper looks up at Mark with his big green eyes and says, "Dad, why did you marry Mom?"  Mark was curious about what prompted this question and asked, "What do you think?"
Cooper shrugged but Boston piped up, "I know!  Because she was the prettiest!"
Mark said, "Yeah, that was part of it, but I also married her because she is good, and goes to church, and I knew that she would keep her promises to me and to Heavenly Father, and that she would be a good Mom..."
Cooper was looking even more perplexed and stopped Mark.
"Dad, why did Mom marry you?"

2 comments:

Darcy said...

LOL! Coop. What a kick in the pants!

Romney Family said...

LOL!! Kids are so darn funny!! Love their quotes!!