Days 2015

Days 2015

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Too dizzy...

Macy has been great lately at coming up with excuses not to do things.  Sometimes if she wants me to carry her up the stairs, etc., she'll look all pitiful, "But I CAN'T carry myself!"  My favorite one, though, is her standby anytime she isn't in the mood to play with her siblings or help me with a job.  "I'm too dizzy."
We are pretty sure she gets this from singing the Cinderella song.  "She's going round in circles 'til she's very, very dizzy..."
Cooper was telling me at lunchtime all about the Indian named "Hoka-pontis".
Boston was spotlighted in his kindergarten class.  We were supposed to fill out this poster questionnaire and attach a couple of pictures.  One of the questions was, "What are your favorite things to do?"  There were three lines, so he came up with three answers.  Playing outside.  Playing with friends.  AAAAAND....Going to School!  I cheered.
Leslie's homework is getting harder, now that she is the fifth grade.  (And she secretly loves it.)  I had to chuckle when she asked me the other day if I knew anything about "Paranoids.  You know, those words that spell the same way forwards and backwards?  I know a whole sentence...Madam, I'm Adam."  I said, yes, I remember learning that sentence, probably back when I was in fifth grade, too, except they called them "Palindromes" back then.  (Phew... thankfully I remembered what they were called before she was done talking so I could explain the difference between paranoids and palindromes.  One of these days I'm not going to have a clue what she is talking about.)
We are having a fun week hanging out with Duke, who is biding the time here so he can be with his GIRLFRIEND as much as possible before school starts.  (His school, not hers, haha.  He teaches.)  We are also having fun playing with my sister Brooke and her hubby Jared while they are waiting for their baby to arrive.  Brooke is the skinniest 9-month-along-mama I have ever seen.  She's not going to be the one having the contractions, but I think she is just as anxious.  I'm stitching away on the binding of her baby blanket.  Pictures later.

No comments: