Days 2015

Days 2015

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Auntie Up

I can tell that I've been outside more lately because my blogs are falling farther apart.  My veggie garden has been taking some TLC to coax it up out of the ground (I've had to replant several things) but now is finally up and edible (the butterleaf lettuce, spinach, and a monster crop of cilantro--come clip some for yourself.)  I'm curious to see how the tomatoes and corn do this year in such a windy spot.  Coming from Montana, though, where you never go to a picnic without wearing a ponytail to keep your hair from blowing into your hotdog, I'm pretty optimistic that things will be fine.

We had a fun week with some of our favorite people.  Brooke and Jared (you can tell I'm the sister of Brooke because I wrote her name first...ever notice you say the name of the person you are related to before the name of your in-law?  Kind of an unwritten rule.  And if you are only friends with them, you almost always say the husband first.) and Duke came to stay for a few days.  Brooke and Jared received some pulse-pounding news that they have been selected to adopt a baby boy in AUGUST!  I really think it was just part of the grand plan because they knew they were supposed to get their paperwork ready to adopt really fast, and then they were chosen right away.  So, I'm excited to meet a new little nephew.  Also Jake and Rachel (see...I'm related to Jake--I guess I'll claim him--since he's finally sired a girl) are due with the first girl cousin in October.  Leslie and Macy are super excited.  While Brooke was here I decided to saddle up for my most favorite Auntie duty and go fabric shopping for two new baby quilts.  Fun stuff.  And Jared claims he had fun playing with the rugrats at the Carl's Jr. playground while we shopped.
We also took a little field trip with the kiddos while Leslie was at school to go to the Bingham Copper Mine--the largest open pit mine in the world.  Very cool but the kids kept insisting it was a volcano.  Maybe I'll go get the camera out of the van someday and post the pictures here.  Kind of lazy about that.
Then this weekend we went on a little getaway to Cache Valley and played with our dear friends the Knudsens.  Boston and their little Bree-with-the-Big-Brown-Eyes still insist that they are getting married when Boss gets home from his mission.  Pretty funny to see her boss HIM around.  I'm sure she'll be a good cook, too, since Miranda spoils us to death with her baking when we visit, so Mark approves as well.
I think Mark had a good father's day.  He got a funny card from Leslie.  I guess at school they were trying to make these cutaway stamp things that stamped a message to the dads, but they had to carve out the letters backwards to make it work.  Leslie got hers a little turned around and it looked kind of like, "Dad, I love you SNOT."  So, we laughed pretty hard about that this morning and she promises not to call him names next time.
Macy also made me laugh this afternoon.  She and Cooper were arguing over a toy, and when I took it away they both started howling.  Macy soon noticed that she wasn't the only one crying and she lost her temper even more, pointing out his crying to me and insisting, "COOPer's not da baby!  I da baby."

3 comments:

Brooke and Jared said...

We sure had tons of fun with you guys while we were there! I laughed pretty hard at Macy's comment. She definitely knows she is THE princess in the family :)

Fishers said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys and thanks for the laughs, I love your blog

Fishers said...

whoops, I'm using my sister's computer and can't get it to sign her out. That last post was from Jake and Rachel