Days 2015

Days 2015

Friday, June 3, 2011

the Art of Brother

I was going through some old picture scans and came across this one of my Dad when he was a little sprout.  Boston and Cooper had just gotten haircuts the night before and it really brought out the family resemblance in Boston.  I showed the picture to him and asked, "Who do you think this is?"  He got a big smile and proclaimed, "It's MEEEE!"  He didn't believe me when I told him it was my Dad.  What do you guys think?  I think I can see a little bit of Jaxon in there, too.
Boston and Leslie cracked me up yesterday morning because Boston is such a natural at being a pesky little brother.  He's the biggest morning person of all of us, and usually wakes us up and crawls into Mark's spot while Mark is in the shower or at basketball.  Of course he can't hold still--to the point of bouncing and vibrating the bed because he can't contain his energy, so I usually kick him out after a few minutes.  Anyway, Leslie had also climbed into our bed, and I was cuddling Cooper on the other side and waiting for Macy to wake up.  This is what I hear.
Boston:  Whoa, Leslie!  You have a LOT of WARTS!  GROSS!
Leslie, all in a huff:  Those aren't warts [imbecile!] those are just FRECKLES!
Boston, mulling this over:  Nuh, uh.  Look how BIG that one is.  EW!
Leslie, shoving him off:  That's my ELBOW!
I couldn't stop laughing.  I wonder how many times Dad teased Patti about her "warts".

Scotty the Pest (Patty might say...)
Boston the Pest (Leslie does say...)


2 comments:

Darcy said...

I can see Kyler's forhead and his wavy hair in that picture of Dad. Glad to hear somebody else has a pest in the family. Ours is Cash-- he loves to tease. Made me laugh abot Leslie's elbow "wart"

The Haynes Herd said...

cool picture! Our pest is Bridger, he loves bugging Jax just to hear him whine.