Days 2015

Days 2015

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Divvying up


Just watched an interesting human phenomenon as I tried to arbitrate between Boston and his friend. They had decided to play Hot Wheels, but although Boston has dozens and dozens of these shiny-tinies, the boys both wanted the same group of "special" ones. I don't know what makes them cooler than the rest, they just are. So, after they had tried to figure things out on their own with some heightened emotion, I decided to step in with my motherly logic and teach a new skill: divvying up. Pour them all back in the box. Friend chooses ONE first (because we play the guest card with gusto at our house...), then Boston. Then friend, then Boston. I'm secretly wondering how long it will take for them to divide 100 cars before they even get to the playing. They both seemed to be a little suspicious that this was really the best way to go, but they complied. After they had both had about ten turns, I hear this coming from the bedroom.
"Hey, you got all the ones I wanted!!!!"
How could I not laugh?
I know this applies to the bigger picture, too. How often do we look at someone else's life or things or experiences and think..."Hey, you got all the ones I wanted!!!!"?
I hope God doesn't roll his eyes at me sometimes. Good thing I like the ones I got.

No comments: