Days 2015

Days 2015

Sunday, February 20, 2011

She's been listening...

A few days ago Macy demonstrated her developing motherhood skills. (She is not yet two years old.) I was cleaning up the breakfast dishes and she wanted me to come downstairs with her. "Follow me, Mom!" I put her off and she waited for a second. Then she stared at me hard, stomped her little foot and sang the lyrics "When my mother calls me--quickly I'll obey!"
We have spent a fun week playing out in the cold and rain (Boston loves his hand-me-down umbrella). Leslie has been working hard preparing for a piano recital and I have been working hard working her. She is not overly fond of the piano but works much better if I am behind her, telling her what parts to do over. Again. Again. Again. She's getting there, and is probably excited for the recital to be over so her mom can slide more to the background. I also was happy to finally get Darcy's baby quilt top done, even though my master plan had to change because one of the pieces somehow got lost in the move. Thursday night I spent at the Jordan River Temple. Wonderful. Did I mention I can see three beautiful temples from my house?
I apologize for not doing more pictures. The kids look the same to me, and they are always cute and funny, so I tend to forget to pull out the camera.
All right, this was a lame post.
I'm done.

2 comments:

Brooke and Jared said...

She is a little miniature of you! :)I'd love to see more pictures of the house.

The Haynes Herd said...

That is so cool you can see three temples from your house. I'd be so grateful if one were just over the mountain. I'll make sure not to sing that song to the boys haha. That was a good one.