Days 2015

Days 2015

Monday, February 28, 2011

More shots of the house for Brookie

No puppy dog tails in here, but Boston and Cooper have the pails and snails covered.
Brooke wanted to see more pictures of my house, hopefully so she and Jared will know they can come to visit us and will have a place to sleep! (Or any of the rest of you.)

The front hallway. The front door is just to the left of this couch.

The master bedroom. Sorry guys, this bed is taken. You still have an air mattress, right? I know just where to put it. Right....
here. See that place on the floor between MY office chair and the couch? (Macy calls this sad slipcovered one the bootiful couch. We decided to put it there to discourage the boys from sneaking outside and also to have a place to watch Netflix. So, I guess this means you have your own theater system if you come, too!) There is a bathroom that goes with it, too, but I try to stay out of it as much as possible because it belongs to my boys. I once saw a sign on the bathroom wall that I need to get. "We aim to please. You aim, too, please!"

Part of the great room in the basement, leading to the office and the boys' bedroom.

The backyard "clubhouses". See my little cowboys hiding up against the wall? They've already really enjoyed riding bikes, etc., around on this private drive that leads to our back garage.

The deck runs the length of the house and needs a paint job. Perry? Are you up for a field trip?

The view off the back deck is even better at nighttime.

Macy's room. You'll notice I cut off the floor. It was probably covered in baby shoes or doll clothes. I didn't dare do Leslie's room (always a mess--I don't get it--she's at school all day!) or the boys' room because although it stays pretty clean, it's in the basement and kind of dark, not to mention the Star wars and Indiana Jones poster adding to the atmosphere.

Cooper is shooting the bear in the bushes on the median, in front of the pine tree. It's black. We didn't know it was there until we had lived here almost a month. Now, the boys shoot it everyday and miraculously, it just keeps coming back to life. We'll have to get a closer picture of it when it warms up. There are also several elk statues in this development.

The main entrance. I cut off the ugly peeling-paint garage doors on the right.

Leslie finishes crocheting her first scarf. She had it for three days and one of the strings broke on the end, where the fringes are tied. I need to figure out how to repair it before the whole thing unravels.
Surpise, Darcy! This baby comforter is double stuffed so you can lay baby on the floor. Hard to tell not close-up, but the stars are actually kaleidoscope blocks of giraffes, elephants, zebras, parrots, with some jaguar and bird of paradise in the corners.

And I almost like the back even better. Leslie helped me pick it out.

Duke came for the weekend...we hadn't seen him for a while. He bribed Cooper with making a snowman so I wouldn't have to take all of my kids to the library with me. I couldn't get their faces to show very light because they are standing under the deck, sorry.

Well, the snowman is gone now, and so is the quilt, but the rest of it is still here, so come by and see us sometime!

4 comments:

darcy said...

Awesome house. What great views. Love Love Love the quilt excited for it to get here. The back is definitely cute too. One of these days we'll have to make it down there to visit. The boys would have a blast with Coop and Boss!

Brooke and Jared said...

How about sometime in May? We'll bring the air mattress:) I just loved all of the pictures. The weather looked really nice too. I miss Utah weather.

The Haynes Herd said...

I too am super jealous of your weather. you have grass showing and no sign of snow. Oh how nice that would be haha. Your place looks sweet. Looking forward to seeing your family sometime this summer.

Kristin said...

What is that beautiful quilt you've got hiding on your basement wall???