Days 2015

Days 2015

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Eureka! She floats!












We had a fun week last week with my parents and brother Jake's family in Montana. The weather was unusually cooperative and we had not one, but two perfect days on Eureka lake, and a day 4 wheeling in the mountains to boot. The boys played together really well and it was a nice break for all of us. As usual, I didn't manage to take my own photos, this time because the camera got packed but its battery was still at home charging. The good news is that my very with-it Sis-in-law Rachel took some shots for me. The bad news is that I am actually in several of them for a change.
As you can see, I am not very athletic but I can water ski (one thing I think I have over on my husband, who is pretty much gifted at every sport.) I knew I was going to be sore the next day, but I had to show myself that I could still do it after four kids. And then I wasn't even that sore after all. And Rachel probably thinks I'm such a wussy girl because I ski like one of those pontoon airplanes ( and she can do stunts on her wakeboard all day long) but hey, I got up. Jake was driving the boat and loudly sang about the old gray mare (that I mentioned a couple of posts ago) the entire time I was trying to get my skis on. I think he knew if I laughed too hard I wouldn't be able to do it. Oh wait, that was after I skied around the lake and then tried tubing and was too wiped out to climb back onto the tube after I bit it. Plus I was laughing too hard to heave-ho my lower half out of the water. Oh well, it was fun, and everyone else had a good time, hopefully not just because they were laughing at me.

2 comments:

The Haynes Herd said...

Way to go Jackie! it was great seeing your family and we had such a fun day with you on the lake. Water skiing and tubing back to back was good stuff.

Brooke and Jared said...

Glad you guys had such a great time! I need to give you a call and you can tell me more about it!