Days 2015

Days 2015

Sunday, July 4, 2010

3rd of July





















We just held our 4th annual 4th of July BBQ and potluck in our backyard...yesterday on the 3rd. I love living in Utah and don't have to sacrifice much to the sabbath. We even got to watch the huge Thanksgiving Point fireworks show. My brother Duke came with us and wished that we had a little John Phillips Sousa to play in the car on the way there, just like riding in Grandpa's motorhome. It was Cooper and Macy's first time, and everyone loved it. Macy kept saying "Wow!" and "Boom boom boom" (from Mr. Brown can Moo, Can You?) Of course after being up that late, Macy slept in today until 10 and then refused a nap and Cooper is a complete growly bear. Early to bed for them!
Last weekend Mark and Leslie and I intended to go to Mt. Timp caves. They had never been and I've been waiting for years to make the hike because every time I've wanted to go I've been pregnant or nursing and can't be halfway up a mountain. So we had my friend Jennifer come stay and away we went. Unfortunately, I had a brain lapse and forgot that I have lived in Utah for the past dozen years and not in Montana, where nobody else lives. It was so crowded that we couldn't go unless we waited 2 hours for the next available tour. Duh! It didn't even cross my mind that there might be a problem. I was so disappointed I almost cried. After I composed myself a little, we powwowed and decided to try a different hike on the back end of the canyon, called Cascade Springs. It was beautiful and easy enough that we'll be able to go back with the younger tikes. The first part of the hike was through an old forest fire burn site, but the brush has grown up tall between the blackened tree branches, so if we go back I'm going to tell the kids we are hiking in a haunted forest. Very fun.
Also here are some fun pictures of our favorite splash park. Macy was big enough to do it this year and she loved it (as you can see...).
I also like these goofy pictures of my boys in their church clothes. I was trying to take a nice shot for Father's Day or something and I found out that my boys are becoming more and more like their Grandpa Haynes. I can't get a straight smile out of them!

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Macy is getting too big! What cute facial expressions she makes!

The Haynes Herd said...

LOOKS LIKE LOTS OF SUMMER FUN. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS