Days 2015

Days 2015

Monday, June 7, 2010

Delinquency begins in the Kitchen...

Yesterday Cooper decided to spray paint each individual cupboard door (and fridge and dishwasher and a couple of chairs) with Butter flavored nonstick spray. Kind of hard to see in this picture, but each sprayed spot leaked down, down, onto the floor. I went through a couple dozen paper towels cleaning it up. His favorite color IS yellow, so I guess I'm not too surprised.
Have you ever noticed the curse of the newly mopped floor? The worst messes just show up as soon as your floor is mopped. The worst mess ever was a couple of years ago when Boston poured a whole thing of chocolate milk onto the floor and then drove their Beep Beep car around and around the island, through the massive chocolate puddle. Was I in the shower? Feeding a baby? I don't remember.
Mark mopped the floor for me on Saturday and because of that, my kitchen has been such a mess magnet. Sunday morning the kids emptied a full shaker of nonpareil sprinkles all over the kitchen floor. The funny thing was that I didn't notice right away because I was already wearing my dress shoes. Then Monday, someone dumped their bowl of tomato soup at lunch. Then at dinner this lovely, slippery contribution from Cooper while I was waiting for my pigs-in-blankets to rise. I knew it was just the curse of the newly mopped floor, though, so it was hard to be mad. Actually, it was hard to keep a straight face. Here are some silver linings I noticed.
1. This incident, early in Cooper's life, will probably deter him from a life of crime and vandalism, since I caught him and he had to do a big job.
2. Think of all the other substances this could have been. Stickier, germier, raw-eggsier.
3. Hey, it could have been the carpet or the sofa that got slathered with butter. How the heck would I have cleaned that up?
4. Wonderfully, wonderfully, I have a wood floor and wood cabinets. This wood lives in Utah. In the desert. It was just crying out for a little oiling!

1 comment:

Brooke and Jared said...

Haha this post made me smile...a lot. I thought at first it real spay paint, not non stick spray. :) Miss you!