Days 2015

Days 2015

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stayin' Alive

video

I've reached a new milestone in parenting. I now have a child who can do the dishes.
Ahh. I've waited years for this.
Leslie has learned from her mom that the dishes go much quicker when you have some motivational music to go with it, so as soon as she started this first time of duty at the sink, she turned on her new favorite song. It's hard to disco with no hands, so we were enjoying the hip action. You have to play the video a few times in a row to catch it. (She slowed down after I got the camera out, plus I don't really know what I'm doing with the whole video thing.)
Not too much is going on around here. We are going a little stir crazy and took a family walk on Sunday around the block even though it was cold, just because the sun was shining. Cooper is progressing with his potty-training. Macy is crawling and can now say Mama, Dada, Hi and bye bye, and sometimes crackuh. She is also my first child to learn to say, "Aahh" after she takes a long drink of milk. It's hilarious and I trick her into saying that usually to stuff another bite of food in her mouth while it is wide open.
I've finally pushed myself to slurp the last two years of my blog into the Blurb program that helps you publish your blog into a book. This is the second time I've done this and it is so fun for me to read over these entries again for the first time in two years. I was surprised at how much my life is repeating, with the different stages that my kids are in. I guess I've learned a little more each time-- how to parent a little better--but they are still so different from each other.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Dance Leslie Dance. Dancing is way better then hiding on the roof so you dont have to do the dishes.:)

Anderegg & Co. said...

Yea!!!!! I have 2 now!!!! If I can motivate them enough to do it, and if I can stand to not have it done my way. I'm bad with that!