Days 2015

Days 2015

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Greatest Assets

One of my favorite quotes that has guided some of my decisions about my own family is "The greatest assets you can give your children are BROTHERS and SISTERS." We've been lucky enough to have two girls and two boys, so everyone has at least one brother and sister. The older I get, the more I'm finding that my own brothers and sisters are gaining in value somehow. For example, Darcy called me the other day and we commiserated about potty training, which led me to want to be a little less lazy about it with Cooper. Today was his first day in the thick cotton undies. Woohoo! It lasted for a little while, but that's progress. (But this post is not about that.) Another example is that Brooke came over yesterday and VOLUNTARILY took my two hooligans, coats, snowpants and all, to the Farm Country petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point. I stayed home with Macy and baked carmel brownies in peace. It was lovely. Brooke later reported that the boys were good except Cooper didn't want to ride the pony and Boston was scared to feed the ducks, but they evened each other out, I guess. I'm just glad she didn't lose them in the parking lot. She said they were the only ones there.
I've been thinking back on some of the fun things we did together as a family, that maybe make us unique from other families. Here is one: we watched the same movies over and over and over, no matter who picked it, because we only had one TV, and January is just too cold to play outside. So, for old time's sake, I borrowed one of my family's faves from the library and am "taking" Leslie on a mommy/daughter date to our movie room to watch it with me tonight.
I thought it would be fun to throw in a movie quiz once in awhile for anyone to try to "guess that line". Mark is AWFUL at this. I think they are so fun, so, I'm hoping one of my sibs can get it right. Here is one from tonight's flick. The first one to get it right gets a feature post about them. Oooh.
Drumroll please..............."Goody two-shoes and the Filthy Beast?"
What Movie is it???

3 comments:

Brooke and Jared said...

Father goose! ha ha

Darcy said...

NO Fair-- I was in Newport-- no internet!, yep thats a great one. Still no luck with cash and the potty. If anything we are going backwards. :(

Anna M. said...

Father Goose!!! One of my favorites...good choice! I think I've seen it too many times to count! Have fun! :)