Days 2015

Days 2015

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Two Current Proofs of Nerdhood...


I just thought I would let you all know two things that really got me excited today, and I'll leave it to you to decide how nerdy I truly am.
1. I have an upstairs book and a downstairs book so that I can read whenever I have a spare moment without having to run up and down stairs hunting for my current novel. This actually makes sense because the two places I read the most are in bed while feeding the baby and at the table while feeding myself. Food and books are easy to love together, I guess. Anyway, today I noticed an unusual circumstance. Both my upstairs AND my downstairs books are both about 800 pages long (Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell, and The Undaunted). I'm so pumped for both of them, too. We'll have to see how long it takes me to get through them.
2. I've had a recent curse of appliance burnout. As I mentioned in my last post, we just replaced our washer, then on Monday I replaced an iron that was spraying rusty water all over everything and, of course, as soon as I got back from the store I stripped the beater sockets on my mixer. Anyway, today is ironing day and I took my shiny new iron out of the box. Wow. I took it for a test drive and it runs like a sports car. I never knew how much I hated my old clunky iron! Plus, this one has a stainless steel plate. I was fairly drooling as I polished off Mark's white shirt. I love ironing. It's when I do my best thinking. When else do you think I have time to compose all these clever blog entries?

No comments: