Days 2015

Days 2015

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Macy Face


We had quite an adventure last week getting our family picture taken. We were at the studio for an hour and got ONE family picture because Macy was terrified, plus some good ones of Macy when we were playing peekaboo with her and distracting her away from the camera. I won't post our family's here yet so that I won't ruin the suspense of getting our Christmas cards in the mail. (I love Christmas cards, but I've noticed that you've got to send some to get some a lot of the time...) Here is one of her silly, sassy faces that I just love. It'll be even cuter once she gets some teeth!
I'm starting to get excited for Christmas. Last year I don't think Mark liked a single one of his presents and I felt so bad I cried, so this year I've been saving up ideas and am pretty sure I've got a couple of winners. I went out and got them FIRST before the Christmas budget runs out. The kids would be happy with a sack of candy if it came to that, but Mark is a little harder to please. So anyway, I'm excited.
As we were driving around on our Christmas errands yesterday, I caved in to the media pushing the Christmas songs on us before Thanksgiving and sang along with the boys in the car. Boston loves this a capella version of "Oh Come, Oh Come Immanuel" and I explained that Immanuel is another name for Jesus. He said, "I like to sing Jesus' name." I pointed out that he felt good inside when he sings about Jesus because the Holy Ghost is telling him that those words are true. He thought about this for a second and then asked, "Mom, is the Holy Ghost in my tummy?"

No comments: