Days 2015

Days 2015

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Big Apple




Here are some fun fall pictures. September was such a beautiful month. We got permission to pick from a neighboring abandoned orchard and Mark found this whopper. I'm holding it in my hand in this top picture, and then it is next to a smallish apple with Macy. Leslie took to to school for show and tell. After that, Mark peeled it with a potato peeler because it was so bruised up from Leslie's backpack and took a few bites, just to say he ate it. He said it was good!
Brooke and I canned some of the apples on Saturday to apple pie filling. I'm excited to have some since we didn't do apples last year.
I also love these pictures I took of my homebound children while Leslie was at school. I think Boston and Macy look so very alike in that picture of just the two of them. Macy and I have been battling it out lately with the sleep thing. She's been waking up a lot and also not wanting to nap, mostly because she doesn't like falling asleep on her own. She just wishes she could be a tattoo on my arm I think. So, she's had to cry it out a few times this week and teach herself how to go to sleep. I think we are making progress. Last night she skipped the midnight waking completely and went until 4:00. Now if I can just get her past the wanting to sleep in my bed at 6:00 A.M. thing. Anyway, I've been a little out of it, but I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We also just started the extremely fun and even more messy I-can-feed-myself-a-cracker stage.
Everyone else is doing fine. We enjoyed General Conference (so cute...Boston called it "Gentlemen's Conference...and indeed it was) and are trying to teach a little more about service, in line with Pres. Monson's message. So, the kids are memorizing Mosiah 2:17 this month. I actually have a recording of this one from someone else because the teenagers learn it for seminary.

1 comment:

The Haynes Herd said...

great pictures. Boston and Macy do look a lot alike. 4 Super cute kids! Way to go on the apple pie filling and enjoy the cracker cleanup ;)