Days 2015

Days 2015

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Little White Dress










Both of my little nippers are asleep. It's a miracle! I have, oh drat, three minutes 'til it's time for Cooper to wake up. I guess I'll let him sleep a little longer since I might be ditching Mark at bedtime tonight to go catch a 10 o clock show with the ladies. Ha ha. He might need the extra company, and a little payback since he'll be in Bountiful at business meetings until almost then. Actually, they've both been sleeping for a couple hours and I got a nice nap (hence my optimism about actually being lively enough tonight to be up late). The sleep deprivation really hasn't been too bad this time and last night Macy evolved into the one-feeding-a-night stage. We'll see if she keeps it up. I have noticed a sad difference in brain power and short term memory, though. For one thing, you may notice that this whole entry is a little garbled. Here's another example. There was some story on the news the other night that they tested some toddler's IQ and she ended up becoming the youngest member of MENSA. I turned to Mark and meant to make some remark wondering if they have ever tested mothers before and after parenthood to see if there was a decrease in brain activity. But what came out was, "I wonder if they've ever given a mom an, uh, hmm, uh, what's that test again to see how smart you are?" I could not think of "IQ test" for the life of me. He about died laughing and said that I was proof of my own hypothesis.
Macy's baby blessing was this last weekend. Mom and Dad, Grandpa and Grandma Heagy and Duke got to come stay with us. We had a grand time, even thought the weather was not quite as nice as I had hoped. Here are some pics. Macy's blessing dress was the one that my mom made for me when I was a baby. She made it from leftover fabric from her wedding dress. I also have some of that lace on the sleeves of my temple dress. It's a nice reminder of who I want to be with forever. Those who've come before me and those who have come after.

Also, I've finished the scripture song for May. It is Alma 33:23 to the tune of Hark, All ye Nations.

And now my brethren
I de-esire
That ye shall plant this word in your hearts.
And as it beginneth to-o swell
Even so nourish it
By your fa-aith and behold it will
Become a tre-ee springing up in you
Unto-o everla-asting life.
Almathirtythreetwentythree.

6 comments:

Romney Family said...

Jackie~she is so cute!! how fun to be able have your parents and grandparents come for the blessing!!

erica e said...

what a little doll!

erica e said...

oh, and you crack me up with the IQ thing. i remember that feeling soon after giving birth. good thing your IQ was so high to start with!

Darcy said...

What a cutie pie! I think Dad looks the same in all my baby blessing pic. of the boys.

Kristin said...

What a special day, and you look GREAT! I always wish someone had taken me aside when I look back at blessing day pictures. Oh, and I was at Elaine's and no mint or purple right now, sorry.

Spencer said...

Jackie,
It's Ralina here. Beautiful family. She is so precious. I hope things are going well for you guys.
Ralina