Days 2015

Days 2015

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Swallowing the swears...

I've had a clean mouth record for as long as I can remember, which is pretty amazing coming from a ranching family. (I guess swearing doesn't count if you are quoting someone else, right? That's Mark and my tongue-in-cheek rule.) Oh, there was the one time when I called Jake a bad word, but I didn't KNOW it was a bad word. I told Mom and Dad when called in to explain myself that I thought it was something I heard Yosemite Sam say. Uh, guess not. And Mom says that when I was a kindergartner I told the teacher my dog's name was "Damnfred", (she found this particularly amusing since her husband was also named Fred) but I don't remember that.
There are two things that if I ever take up the family practice, I will swear at first.
1. Mark's phone. When he is on it. And all the kids are screaming.
2. ______ binky! Where the ____ is the _____ thing?!!!!

2 comments:

Brooke and Jared said...

HAHAHA I really enjoyed this. It was a nice relief from studying for finals. Yes, how come everything goes wrong when husband is on the cell phone? I'd like to smash Jared's. Oh, and I don't know if you remember this but the first time I remember swearing you called me out on it and I got in big trouble. I was out on the porch about to feed the scraps to the cats and they must have been starving because they knocked me over and the scraps spilled all over me. I screamed ___ cats! And you heard me all the ways inside the house. Ha

britrix said...

Jason's cell phone is my worst enemy. I understand. I love Brooke's cat story. A similar thing happened to me when I was feeding the *#@! cats once.