Days 2015

Days 2015

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stretchy Pants





Things are going well with us, being a family of 6. I am at the "infatuated with my baby" stage that lasts, oh, until they start telling me no. Macy is just SO beautiful. Really. I can't stop looking at her and wondering how such a pretty person landed at our door. AND she only wakes up twice in the night to eat, for only about half an hour, so most days I don't even need a nap.
We had a fun weekend. Since Leslie had spring break all week we decided to force Mark to take half a day off on Friday. We took the kids to Chuck-a-rama (have to start patronizing those type of establishments now that we are such a huge crew. Mark just laughed when I suggested it. I usually turn my nose up at non-menu restaurants, but it's expensive to feed these little locusts! And you know they are just going to waste most of it anyway.) Honey butter is a happy thing. Boston remarked, "This is a yummy day!" Then we went on a tour of the Conference Center, which was pretty cool since we had just watched Conference. Even Boston caught the spirit of the place and voluntarily whispered once inside the main hall. We also viewed the Christus statue and rode the "alligator" to the top of the Church Office Building. Twenty-six floors up.
Saturday was Mark's big race, the triathlon sprint. He ran, then biked, then swam with two of his friends. It was pretty exciting to see him come in on that bike (Okay, I admit it. He looked hot. Must've been the Nacho Libre "stretchy pants"...) I was so proud of him! Neither of us have ever been into that type of thing, so it was a pretty big deal for him. He's more of a softball/basketball/football kind of guy. Here are some photos from after the race. The dumb part about the swim being last is that there isn't really a finish line for a photo, but I got one of him expressing his feelings at the end there. He said he'd do it again and is pretty sure he could shave a good chunk off his time now that he knows how he could have paced himself.

2 comments:

The Haynes Herd said...

I love the new stretchy pants look. Everybody's going to want them now ;)
Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Enjoy the locusts!

Darcy said...

Way to go MARK!! Wow is dad calling you marathon man now instead of Maverick?