Days 2015

Days 2015

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wonder of Wonders

Today represents a full circle of blessings for our family. I had forgotten that four years ago there was a song circling through my brain, over and over. It was "Miracle of Miracles" from Fiddler on the Roof. Motel the Tailor sings it in wonder and awe that he, an ordinary man, has been blessed with the dearest desire of his heart. "Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, I was afraid that God would frown. But like he did so long ago at Jericho, God just made a wall fall down!...But of all God's miracles large and small, the most miraculous one of all, is the one that I thought could never be. God has given YOU to me!!!"
On the first fast Sunday in January four years ago, we found out that we would finally have another baby after four years of waiting, praying, crying, and trying to go forward in faith. It also happened to be Leslie's first day of Sunbeams class. We were so very happy and wanted to celebrate our miracle, but we didn't quite want to let her in on it yet, so Mark baked me my favorite chocolate cake with cheesecake in the middle and we told Leslie it was to celebrate her first day of Sunbeams.
Today (and two and a half pregnancies later) our Boston is getting a "Sunbeam" cake of his own.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I thought about doing something special for Maddy today, thought of your sunbeam cake, wondered if you made it. Since you did, that is one more reason you're a better mom than I am! We just let her have Martinelli's.

Chot Z said...

That is so so sweet!!!!! You always give me tears when you write.

Haynes Fam said...

I love that he's in sunbeams, He's getting so big. Jax started in the big nursery on Sunday and was freaking out when I tried to go to sunday school. I put a pic of Jaxon having a wild ride on the bouncing pony for you so you could compare. Good luck.

Christina said...

What a blessing for you and your family. Your boys are so adorable and I'm sure Leslie makes a wonderful big sister.