Days 2015

Days 2015

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Little Elves












































Here are some fun Christmas pics. Cooper with his new (used--a huge box of them on ebay for seven bucks) rescue heroes. You would think he might be making a face because he figured out that they were used. Nope. He was ticked at me because the first present he opened was a package of socks...inside an empty box of his favorite granola bars. He kept asking, "bars?!" until I went and got him one so the Christmas joy could continue. Boston was tickled to finally get an indestructible Playskool flashlight that would not fall into the category of the little rule I remind him of almost every day. "That's a tool, not a toy!"
Leslie got some more Littlest Pet Shop stuff, a phase I think she is just about done with, but that is what she asked for, along with books and art stuff. And then there is me, finally in 3rd trimester mode, modeling some baby clothes that my sister Darcy got for baby Grape. (She's a little excited...she only has boys.) Thanks, Darcy Doodle! I'm also wearing what Mark calls my fluffy duck suit. I love when the comfort thing overrides the fashion thing and nobody calls you on it because you are too big to fit into anything cool, anyway.
The other pictures are of cousin Jaxon who is only a few weeks younger than Cooper. My brother Jake and his wife Rachel came to stay with us before we left to Montana for Christmas. It was really fun to see the boys play together for the first time, and a little surreal for me because Jaxon looks an awful lot like Jake did at that age, but with brown eyes. It's like having your brother be the same age as your kids.
It was really good to just take off (other than the 22 hours total, going through "Helena" and back, in the car) and be able to lay around all week with Mom and Brooke to do most of the cooking and dishes, etc. My kids hardly needed a referee at all with so much to keep them busy. Mom and Dad even babysat while Mark took me on my Christmas gift of choice, to finally go see the Twilight movie I've been wanting to see with him. I thoroughly enjoyed it and really got a bang out of Mark's reaction to the whole thing of what all the hubbub has been about among all us crazy women. I asked him afterward if he: a. liked it fine, b. was indifferent, c. hated its guts. He said he liked it fine and even brought up some observations a few days later. Since I am not one of those obsessed fans, I laughed pretty hard and told him that I was going to clue in the rest of the world on this blog. Here is what he noticed.
Why Mark is Better than Edward the Vampire
1. Edward is kind of rude and bossy.
2. Edward looks a little, well, gay at times.
3. Mark would never wear make-up. Especially white make-up with lipstick.
4. Mark didn't look like he was going to throw up the first time he met HIS true love.
What Mark Totally Appreciates about Edward the Vampire
1. Edward has a pretty broad definition of "vegetarian". Only eat animals.

Tune in next time for our January Book of Mormon scripure song. (With all that time trying to not go insane in the car, you knew I would have one ready!) December's 2 Nephi 25:26 was a huge hit and Boston requests to sing it all the time. I'm excited.

4 comments:

Darcy said...

Im so glad you made it to Montana, I know Mom and Dad had a blast. hope we can come visit soon, so we can get Cash and Kyler in that tub.

Haynes Fam said...

Looks like you had a great time in MT. We had fun staying at your house before you left. It was wonderful to see you guys!

Julie Pitcher said...

I am one of those obsessed fans who would willingly let Edward bite my neck! Your blog is always so funny. Hope everything is going well! How old are the kids now?

Gary and Debbie Rex said...

Hello, Mommy! I just looked up your blog to see when you were going to have your baby! (I'm not great at remembering when my friends are due and whenever I get up the nerve to call, they say "I had the baby a month ago...thanks a lot".) Love the darling pics and funny commentary - I'll try to check it more often (no guarantees - we have VERY slow internet) :) Hope to see you guys soon! Congratulations!!