Days 2015

Days 2015

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Someone to Hold my Hand

Does anyone else feel lately like they almost need someone to hold their hand while they watch the national news? Everything just seems so desperate and gloomy! Maybe it's partially the pregnancy thing (I always hate those scriptures about how horrible things are going to be someday for the women in travail and those that give suck...) and partially that my husband is self employed, but I have definitely had my panicky what-if moments lately. Mark has been so good--always the optimist in our relationship--and makes me so glad that I don't have to face life and parenthood alone. He's also good at pointing out how good the Lord has been to us in our marriage when I tend to forget and focus on the insecurity of the moment. He wrote me a nice note today and shared this quote--coming from a man who lived through ninety some years of insecurity.
"When good men and good women face challenges with optimism, things always work out! Despite how difficult circumstances may look at the moment, those who have faith and move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out." --Gordon B. Hinckley

3 comments:

Haynes Fam said...

Thanks for sharing that thought from Pres. Hinckley. It helps ease the nerves a bit. Good luck down there;)

Darcy said...

What a good quote mark! I dont watch the news anymore its too depressing. So sometimes I feel a little out of the loop. But thanks for the quote! Love you!

Beam Family said...

Thanks for sharing that quote, I needed to hear that for our situation. Your blog has inspired me more than once, thanks!