Days 2015

Days 2015

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fake camping.





Leslie has spring break all week, so when we saw that the weather was going to be so fabulous on Monday at 80 degrees (good thing since there was a blizzard Tuesday) we decided to do some fake camping. We would have gone somewhere to do the real thing but we heard that it was still really cold in the higher elevations. So we took my sister Brooke and her husband Jared about three miles into Provo Canyon to one of the nice riverside parks with fire pits and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows for lunch. Leslie brought her bike to practice on (this better be THE year!!) and Boston brought his beep beep to run around with. It was so great to be outside. We all got a little sunburned and ate way too much.
Mark and I lounged in the sun with Cooper while Brooke and Jared did all the heavy parenting--trying to teach Leslie to ride a bike and Boston not to jump into the drink. Here are Leslie, Brookie and I at the top of our strenuous rock climb. All eight feet of it.
Jared was helping Boss roast his first marshmallow. He really only wanted a raw one, and then he didn't like the smoke getting in his eyes and nose. I guess we'll have to toughen him up. Cooper was good just sitting on the blanket and sucking the cheese off some discarded Cheetos or riding in the stroller.

1 comment:

elshmobelsh said...

MMmmm, I can smell the mountains! I'm glad you had such a fun adventure! I left you a rather lengthy comment at the bottom of your page. I just didn't know if you go down that far to check comments so I thought I'd let you know! Love ya!