Days 2015

Days 2015

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Tall Drink of Water

I had my first official parental "burning of the ears" at Leslie's basketball game last night. She got matched up with the coach's kid, a short little pistol who had been making an awful lot of baskets for someone his age, and his family was sitting in front of us. The mom was giving her commentary. "Oh, look who he got paired up with! She is SO TALL!" (She was the only girl on the court at the time, so I knew they meant Leslie.) "She's sure not going to let him get a shot. Wow, look at her guard him! Her arms are SO LONG! This is for six year olds, isn't it?" To my pleasure, Leslie stuck to the kid like glue and totally looked like a little Amazon out there, arms straight up and everything. He had to pass the ball. Then, my lanky nearly six foot sister Brooke who had been smirking right along with me got up to go help Boston get a drink. I think they figured it out.
Brooke had spent the night with us because her husband was in Virginia. So yesterday we made some freezer meals. I was teasing her that it was actually cooking lessons after she had completely finished her Italian chicken soup and I asked her if she had shredded the chicken yet. "Chicken? Oh." It was still in the fridge. We nuked it and added it post-simmer.
Leslie taught Cooper to clap his hands yesterday. SO cute.

No comments: