Days 2015

Days 2015

Monday, January 7, 2008

The Y Chromosome Brain


It's so fun to watch my kids learn. Leslie is brilliant of course, but Boston is just starting to exhibit his own special mental prowess. We let him play with some of Leslie's old wooden number and letter puzzles yesterday and he surprised us by being quite good at them. The cool thing was, you could actually watch his little brain process the information with spatial reasoning. I'm sure it's something like, "Oh. This one mom is calling a five has a flat top and a round bottom. Of course it goes here. Hmm. This one is round all the way around. It must go here." Leslie was more of a memorizer with a dash of picture association. "Hmmm. The one with the bees on it must be somewhere by the beehive...."
Cooper is also learning so fast. He has two solid meals a day and has been kind of cranky about giving up some of his bottle feedings, but we had to start somewhere. I've been extra slow on this since with his upcoming surgery I figure he's going to be on a liquid diet for a while anyway. He's been loving his walker lately and when we try to set him down on the floor he gives us the stiff-legs move. He'd rather stand. Not that he can by himself, but he would like to.
Here is a funny picture of Boston deciding that he didn't like sledding quite so much when snow gets in your face. Sorry it's sideways--don't have time to mess with it. Typical.

3 comments:

erica ernstrom said...

I love seeing how sibling are the same and different. Cute kids!

elshmobelsh said...

It is fun to see their brains work!! I'm always amazed at the miracle of growth. I'm sure it's fun to see the difference between girls and boys too. I'll email you my address. ;o)

elshmobelsh said...

just kidding. I guess the address I have for you is an old one. Because it wouldn't deliver my email.

you can email me at elshmobelsh@gmail.com