Days 2015

Days 2015

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bubble gum ice cream ala bucket

Yesterday was Leslie's class' Christmas program. The night before we had gone down to the BYU art museum and then out for ice cream. She had an enormous bowl of bubble gum ice cream. When we were all expressing our astonishment that she had finished the whole thing, I noticed that there was nothing in her mouth. "What did you do with the gum?" "Oh. I guess I ate it."
So that morning she woke up with a horrible stomach ache. I didn't really want to send her to school, but she would have been so heartbroken to miss her program. And she said she felt better after breakfast. You all know where this is going. We went to the program and right in the middle of her reader's theater, Arthur's Christmas, right where Arthur decides to get Santa some BUBBLE GUM ICE CREAM, (what are the odds?) Leslie starts to heave. Her teacher handed her the trash and she turned it bright blue. Her teacher figured it was just nerves and actually let her finish the program. We brought her home after that and she and Boss watched TV the rest of the day.[Interruption. Boston just procured a bottle of sprinkles and was trying to decorate the ottoman.]
Last night I went to a fireside given by Miss Utah, Jill Stevens. She is kind of the favorite to win Miss America--she is in the Natl. Guard and served as a combat nurse in Afghanistan and has been interviewed on all the talk shows, etc. She also is the only contestant wearing a one piece bathing suit and an evening gown with sleeves. Anyway, I usually don't watch pageants but I think I will tune in for hers at the end of January on TLC.
I'm also enjoying this season very much--it seems that I'm finally figuring out how to not be so stressed in the month of December. It's so fun to get all the Christmas cards and neighbor gifts and to wrap presents while Leslie is at school. Speaking of, I have a few more to get to...

3 comments:

elshmobelsh said...

Oh, poor Leslie. Well, that will make for a great story for her one day.

You'll have to let me know how to do the no stress for the holiday thing. Any helpful hints? ;o)

Meghan said...

Hi Jackie. I found your blog through Erica's. Hope that's okay. Sounds like a fun program...Is Leslie at Snow Springs or somewhere else? Thanks for the book recommendations on your blog, too. I always need ideas. (If you want to check out our blog we're at themcarthurs.com, you can register and then we'll approve it and send a password.)

Jackie said...

Leslie is at Snow Springs. I'll have to check if you've got book recommends on yours, too...