Days 2015

Days 2015

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Their song's all wrong...

To the tune of Rascall Flatts' Prayin' for Daylight
by Jackie Day, mother of three.

When they ever gonna sleep all thru the night? Ooooooooh.

I've got the dishes done, the kitchen swept
The front room TV's on.
Two kids are whinin', baby's cryin'
Yeah, the evenin's gettin' long.

--chorus

Prayin' for bedtime
Time to get those jammies on.
I'll read 'em "Once upon a time..."
They'll start to yawn.
Babe, I can't wait to be a wife
Not "just" a mom.
Ah. Alone at last...is that a crime?
Prayin' for bedtime!

I may sound bitter singin' that
my little angels are a chore.
They're really not--I love 'em.
It's just that...I LOVE THEIR DADDY MORE!

--chorus

Prayin' for bedtime
Time to get those jammies on.
I'll read 'em "Once upon a time..."
They'll start to yawn.
Babe I can't wait to be a wife
Not "just" a mom.
Hey Rascall Flatts--your prayer ain't mine!
Prayin' for bedtime. (Prayin' for bedtime.)
Prayin' for bedtime.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok, so I don't think I know the original song, but I thoroughly enjoyed your rendition. Thanks for the good laugh.

erica ernstrom said...

ah! glorious bedtime! I don't know the original song either but I love your version. :)

elshmobelsh said...

Love the song Jackie! It's so true! Sometimes I feel guilty being so ready to put them down, but I really do need that down time.

The quote is great too. I think that to myself sometimes when I just can't keep up with it all.