Days 2015

Days 2015

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Crying Wolf

Much to my shock and awe, Boston has decided that he wants to be potty trained. We're halfway there. He talks like a caveman and sits like a king. (On the throne.) It's hard to get him off. We are pretty tidy about our bathroom words. He calls, "Mom, Meh-essss" when he needs to run to the bathroom. We don't say some of those other words. He doesn't even know them, atleast in the traditional sense. This morning, however, as I was getting ready for the day he brought me a bottle of shampoo. "Mom, whaddat?" I told him it was shampoo. I guess he thought that was a funny word because then I couldn't get him to stop shouting, "Mommy's poop! Mommy's Pooooop!"
I guess our other problem is that now he is hypersensitive and thinks he needs to use the bathroom every ten minutes--the crying wolf stage.
Cooper is scheduled to get tubes in his ears next Tuesday. I'm excited about the no-ear-infection thing, and the surgery only takes about 10 minutes with supposed full recovery the same day. He has been such a good baby. Right now his favorite thing is to be hauled around in his frontpack snugli so he can see everything. Also, pulling hair. I have to wear a ponytail every day or I will soon be bald. He is also on rice cereal now and sleeping soundly from about 9:30 PM to 7 AM. HEAVEN!!
Leslie is such a good girl , too. Yesterday she had the day off school and was amusing herself by pretending to be an orphan princess or something. Anyway, she made a cave under her desk and packed herself a knapsack so she could camp there. She was showing me what was inside and guess what? She packed her scriptures. Aawww! Also, we've been having some wormy sod replaced and some work done on our sprinklers. When the manager, Jose, who has a lovely accent, asked me a few things about what needed to be done, Leslie stood back and listened. After he left, she whispered to me in awe, "Mom! I didn't know you could speak Spanish!" I can't, and had to tell her that conversation was all in English. She didn't believe me.