Days 2015

Days 2015

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

American MIdol?

Tuesdays are always a good day because I have a little extra help with my current parenting challenge: How to teach a very intelligent and extremely chatty six year old girl to talk and do at the same time. I can always interrupt her mid sentence (or shall I say novel) and say, if you don't get ..... done before dinner, no American Idol for you. Works like a charm. (Any other suggestions for teaching this skill are welcome.) I swear, that kid LOVES the show. We haven't let her vote for her favorite or anything, I don't know, maybe we will for the finale, but she has commentary on each singer (down to the modesty of their clothes), and knows their names from clear when they were doing the tryouts. She wants all the boys out of the game so only a girl could win. I don't think she has a favorite right now, as long as the winner is a girl. Very typical. The first thing she tells me when they get a new kid in class is whether or not there are more boys than girls now. She is excited for the new baby to come and helped me pack my hospital bag today. She couldn't believe how tiny the clothes are that we put in for the baby.

Boston got to be outside alot today, his favorite thing, so he is a little pink. He was cracking me up this morning. I was trying to get breakfast dishes done and he was standing at the top of the stairs yelling, "Mooomm! Baaaffff! Mooommmm! Baaaffff!" for about ten minutes solid. Then once he's finally in the bath he's in there for like, three minutes and he's done. Whatever. Today has been challenging for Mark, who works at home on Tuesdays, because Boston has figured out that he can ram open the double office doors. We had to put a chair in the way. I'm pretty sure he won't be going through the calling his dad "that guy" stage with Mark like Leslie did. He also just reminded me, all in a panic, that the microwave beeped, so I'd better sign off.

2 comments:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Leslie sounds like she'd fit in great with the ladies I work with. They're totally fascinated by the American Idol show too. They talk about it all during lunch and I'm a little lost because Jake and I usually watched a sports game the night before and not Idol. Oh well, enjoy the fun. Good luck with the next installment of the Day addition ;)
-Rach